All abstract submissions accepted as oral presentations are required to submit a manuscript for a special issue of Acta Horticulturae . Acta Horticulturae (ISSN 0567‐ 7572) is a peer reviewed series, mainly the proceedings of ISHS (International Society for Horticultural Science) Symposia.
Authors whose abstract was retained for poster (or poster + lightning talk) presentation have the possibility to submit a manuscript but it is optional
All Acta Horticulturae articles will become available on www.actahort.org
Papers should be prepared following Acta Horticulturae author guidelines
> Download the author's guide (PDF format)
> Download a sample article (PDF format) (Word format) formated for Acta Horticulturae.
Please pay special attention to the following format requirements:
• The maximum length of a keynote or invited paper is 16 pages and of a submitted oral or poster paper is 8 pages, including figures, tables, and references.
• Use Cambria font exclusively. Titles are printed in 18 point (in boldface) but the rest of the manuscript, including tables, should be 11 point. (Exceptions are the authors' affiliation and address, references, and footnotes, which should be 9 points font.)
• The printable area on your sheet of paper is strictly fixed (15.3 × 23.5 cm = 6.02 × 9.25 inches) irrespective of paper size. For A4 size paper, this printable area is obtained by entering the following margin settings: top: 2.7 cm (1.06"); bottom: 3.5 cm (1.38"); left: 2.8 cm (1.10"); right: 2.9 cm (1.14").
• The final text should have line spacing exactly 12 point.
• Text should be "justified" to fill the entire printable area.
• First lines of all paragraphs should have a 1-cm indentation. Do not include blank lines between paragraphs within a section.
• Please closely follow the formatting for literature citations.
• Figures and graphs must be in black and white only; use of color is not possible. These should be embedded in the text at appropriate locations, not at the end of the manuscript.
Soon after submission, each manuscript will be checked for proper formatting (page size, margins, fonts, use of headings and ranks, etc.), length, and proper use of English. A manuscript that does not conform with the ISHS guidelines and/or is not written in good English will be returned to the lead author and corrections must be promptly made before it will be reviewed. Failure to respond and re-submit the manuscript with appropriate changes by the date indicated to the author will result in withdrawal of the manuscript.
Each manuscript that conforms with the ISHS guidelines will be reviewed by two members of the Scientific Committee. Corresponding reviews will be sent to submitting authors once review process complete. Corrections must be made after careful consideration of the reviews, and a revised manuscript will have to be submitted again.